The study programme
The study programme Electrical and Computer Engineering trains engineers that are able to work in the design, construction, exploitation and maintenance of electrical systems, using hardware and software tools dedicated to specific applications pertaining to electrical engineering (electrical machines and electrical actuation, computerized electrical equipment, power electronics, data acquisition and processing systems, monitoring and diagnosis systems, environmentally friendly technologies, etc).
It is focused on developing competences and abilities that are permanently adapted to the requirements of the labour market, such as:
- Using fundamental knowledge in electrical engineering applications;
- Designing electrical systems sustained by numerical modelling and simulations;
- Testing, exploiting and maintaining electrical equipment and installations as well as the computer systems controlling them;
- Management by identification of objectives, available resources, work stages, deadlines and associated risks for projects that are specific to electrical engineering- identification of roles and responsibilities in a multi-disciplinary team, applying efficient techniques for teamwork and collaboration;
- Teaching activity for pre-university school education;
- Using informational communication and professional training resources in Romanian and in an international language.
Upon completing their Bachelor of Science studies, graduates are offered the opportunity to continue training in Master of Science Programs. In the domain of Electrical Engineering, the Master programs are: Modelling and Optimizing Electrical Equipment, Energy Quality and Electromagnetic Compatibility in Electrical Systems and Advanced Electrical Engineering.
Potential jobs for graduates
- Research engineer or electrical design engineer;
- Research engineer or design engineer in applied electronics;
- Electrical engineer;
- Safety specialized inspector;
- Secondary school teacher.
- Research and development institutes in the domain of electrical engineering;
- Car manufacturing companies and subassembly suppliers for the automotive industry;
- Companies specializing in the production and maintenance of railway equipment;
- Companies specializing in electric power production/ transport/ distribution;
- Local service providers (transport, utilities).
Form of education full attendance cycle
Duration of studies 4 years
Tuition Options budgeted places and tuition places
Certificates issued upon graduation
- Engineer Diploma accompanied by the European format diploma supplement;
- Linguistic competence certificate for the foreign language studied during faculty (English or French)