The study programme
The study programme Informatics Applied to Electrical Engineering trains engineers that are able to solve problems specific to technological development by the design, implementation and exploitation of computer systems used for the surveillance, command, management and control of processes that pertain to electrical systems, using hardware and software instruments and architectures dedicated to specific applications.
By the MFP order no. 1479/2013- the enrolment in software development activities is exempt from tax payment for the graduates of this specialization.
It is focused on developing general and specific competences and abilities that are permanently adapted to the requirements of the labour market, such as:
- Requirements analysis and systemic design of computer applications in electrical engineering;
- Analyzing and synthesizing drive systems relying on microprocessors and microcontrollers in electrical engineering;
- Designing , exploiting and maintaining computer systems for control and communication in electrical engineering;
- Analyzing, modelling and simulating technological processes in electrical engineering;
- Using computer systems for the acquisition and management of data;
- Configuring, implementing and using data acquisition systems;
- Specific activities for project management and marketing;
- Developing activities for the computerisation of electrical systems of average complexity etc.
Potential jobs for graduates
- Systems engineer in informatics;
- Research engineer in communications;
- Applied computer science engineer;
- Software system engineer;
- Computer systems designer;
- Research/design engineer in process equipment;
- Research/design engineer in industrial robots;
- Electrical engineer;
- Research assistant in informatics/ electrical power systems/ industrial power systems/ communications/ automation;
- Inspector for the surveillance and technical checkups of electrical installations;
- Technical advisor;
- Technical and marketing representative;
- Research and development institutes in the domain of electrical engineering;
- Car manufacturing companies and subassembly suppliers for the automotive industry;
- Companies specialized in the production and maintenance of industrial robots and automated production lines;
- Companies specialized in production and maintenance of electrical systems (electrical machines and electrical actuation systems, power electronics, etc);
- Local services suppliers (transport, utilities).
Form of education full attendance cycle
Duration of studies 4 years
Tuition Options budgeted places and tuition places
Certificates issued upon graduation
- Engineer Diploma accompanied by the European format diploma supplement;
- Linguistic competence certificate for the foreign language studied during faculty (English or French).